BBEdit 9.1.1 Release Notes
This page documents all feature enhancements and bug fixes included in the BBEdit 9.1.1 update.
For details on all the new features and enhancements offered by BBEdit 9, please see its release notes.
For information on changes made in previous versions, please see the release notes archive.
For detailed information on using any of BBEdit’s features, please refer to the user manual (choose “User Manual” from BBEdit’s Help menu).
BBEdit 9.1.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
This version is a Universal application: it runs natively on both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Macs.
* There are no new features introduced in BBEdit 9.1.1.
* When saving a local (or new) document to FTP/SFTP server,
and an FTP/SFTP browser is open, BBEdit will now use the
browser’s current server location as the default connection
location for saving.
* The Consolas font supplied with BBEdit has been renamed to
“Consolas for BBEdit”. If you previously set
your Editor Defaults font setting to use Consolas, it will
be updated to use the renamed font.
* Fixed a regression which caused projects not to restore
their expanded nodes on reopen.
* Fixed bug which broke FTP compatibility with DOS-style
listings on Windows NT servers.
* Fixed a bug in which various operations which involved
moving a temporary item to the trash would cause an alert to
appear inappropriately when the user’s home directory was
hosted on a remote AFP or SMB file server.
* Fixed a regression which caused expired recent items to be
moved to the trash instead of deleted.
* Somehow, the “Save All” button in the modal Confirm Save
panel (used when quitting with unsaved documents) ended up
in the middle of the panel, where it was obscured by the
list of files that needed saving. It is now out of hiding
and prepared to receive its fans.
* Fixed bug in which the correct sort order was not applied
in the FTP browser and panel when sorting by name.
* Fixed a bug which caused some FTP servers to refuse to
return any items whose names began with a period, so the
Show items starting with "." setting was inoperative.
* Command-down-arrow in an FTP browser window now properly
works as a synonym for “open the selection”;
previously it only worked on selected directories.
* Fixed bug which would cause a crash when a network timeout
occurred during SFTP uploading or downloading.
* Fixed a regression where line numbers were drawn with a
junk trailing character when using soft line numbers in the
* Fixed a regression in which FTP auto-disconnection didn’t
occur, so the server was liable to hang up on an active FTP
connection, leading to all sorts of strange errors when
navigating in FTP browsers or saving documents that had been
opened via FTP.
* Fixed a bug in which FTP connections weren’t properly
closed when opening and saving documents via FTP; if the
server enforced a limit on the number of outstanding
connections, this would lead to subsequent errors.
* Fixed a crash which would occur in rare situations when
connecting to an FTP server in an FTP browser after having
previously used the same browser and disconnecting from the
server (or another one).
* Fixed bug in which relative project item references weren’t
correctly resolving via relative data when possible.
* Fixed a bug in which the FTP/SFTP browser and save panel
didn’t remember the open (or save) location when they should
have, so that subsequent connection attempts would try to
connect to an unexpected location (or none at all).
* Fixed bug in which opening files whose names began with a
period (.) would fail on certain FTP servers (most notably